You learn something new everyday. That’s what people say when they learn something new that’s not that important. Well, if it’s true then by the end of the week I should have learned seven new things. I’m not quite sure I will be lucky enough to learn seven new things each week but I will at least be bringing you seven new things. It could be a new book I’m reading, a new product I’m enjoying or new blog I found. So here’s the first installment.
- My friend Taylor recommended a new book. He knows how much I enjoy amazing podcasts and how intrigued I am with storytelling. Out On The Wire by Jessica Abel. Super cool book told in a graphic narrative. Behind the scenes of seven popular radio shows and podcasts.
- New addition to my creative space. I got a record player for Christmas. I set it up in the office this week and have enjoyed listening to the unmistakable crackle when you set the needle down on a spinning record.
- Inspiration has a shelf life. Act now before convenience convinces you it’s just not worth it.
- Creative conversations lead to the desire to create. Creativity is contagious. This past week every night my 11 year old and I talk about what inspires us to create and what new idea we are dreaming up. We had our first coffee shop work session with journals in tow.
- I learned I feel bad for Mr. Goodbar. The overwhelming opinion is that it’s not such a good bar of chocolate. The yellow wrapper is all I see when digging through the Christmas candy bowl.
- I learned that I’ve said more to the stranger I’m sitting next to in the movie theater now that the seats are reserved. I rarely acknowledged the stranger in the old setting. I swear the old seats were much closer but when walking into the seat I feel like I’m about to sit on their lap. So I simply say hi and that’s by far more than I said before.
- What you do everyday matters so make today count. This is something I said last year several times. The newness to this for me is you should do something that you love, brings you happiness, or makes you better. If any of those three are checked chances are you’ll be back tomorrow.